Milby Barn Studio
The history of the farm predates the house to 1679. Originally the property was part of the Savage family and then was passed on to the Milby family for many generations. Nowadays most locals will refer to it as the old Walker Farm. Research being done will give us a better idea of how big the original farm was. We have decided to name the barn “Milby “ to keep it connected to the history. The barn on our farm was built in 1802.
It is a beautiful two story barn that will house the Art Studio upstairs and the flower workshop area down on the ground floor . In addition , with the rafters being so high , it enables us to use it to dry lavender, herbs and flowers as well. While it is the owners personal painting studio, we plan on opening this beautiful barn studio to other artists to use to give workshops here on the farm.
Flower workshops are also going to be offered in the barn as time will allow. This spot is ideal for small events, weddings and is the home for our farm to Table benefit, “ Meet At The Table”.
Please visit milbybarnstudio.com for more information on Kate and the space's availability.